Chapter 2: The Force
Chapter 2
I guess it didn’t matter what he was going to ask me to do. He was my only lead on the information I need so I would’ve probably done anything he asked. After years of searching, he has been the only lead that I ever came across that has seen this symbol somewhere. I am sure others know of it but the people I have talked to didn’t seem to know anything about it.
The task Fidget set out before me was one I wasn’t too sure about but it needed to be done. He told me that he had this piece of technology he was working on that wasn’t working quite right and he needed a piece of equipment to get it working. Supposedly he bought it from a guy in the market but the guy decided that he wanted more money after Fidget paid him. Fidget refused to pay more so the guy won’t give it to him. I was told where the item was and if I wanted the information I seek I had to retrieve the item.
(Undertake an Expedition. Rolled: 5 vs 4,3 Strong hit. Reach a waypoint. Mark progress)
I came across a celebration of sorts. People were gathered around a large statue in a small part of town. There was some music playing as people danced in the streets. I watched for a few minutes and it was refreshing to see people enjoying themselves here. On my homeworld of Rannyke, there were no celebrations or gatherings like this. People were depressed, they either worked the mines or starved. Our leaders were corrupt and didn’t allow people to gather for any reason.
(Undertake an Expedition. Rolled: 8 vs 7,5 Strong hit. Reach waypoint, mark progress)
As I continued on my way to the place Fidget told me about a came across a patrol of two combat droids. Their large plasma rifles were held at the ready as they walked the streets of this place. I ducked behind a wall and stayed out of sight. I wasn’t sure how they would respond to me and I didn’t have the time to be detained by them. I’ve been in a few places in the galaxy where they would round up strangers and detain them for no reason. I wasn’t sure how the authorities were here yet so I didn’t want to take any chances.
(Undertake an Expedition. Rolled: 4 vs 5,9 miss. You are waylaid by a crisis or immediate hardship or threat. Don’t mark progress)
I was getting to a shadier part of town that Fidget warned me of. The people in this part of town seemed to stay to themselves. I noticed people crossing the street as I got close to them or moving to the side, not giving me eye contact, as I passed by. The buildings in these parts were not as, shall we say refined, as others in this settlement. I could see cracks in the exterior walls or even holes in the walls from what looks like phaser fire.
Fidget told me the black market was located somewhere in these parts and the area was run by two warring gangs. I was told to just keep my head down and ignore any trouble that may be happening around here. Fidget said I didn’t want to get the gangs to notice me.
As I turned the corner people were laying in the street, arms behind their back, face down. You could tell scum in any settlement. They walked around like they owned the place. Most of them were tough-looking, scarred, and carried big weapons. These three guys were no different. Two of the men held phaser pistols in their hands, aiming them at the people on the ground. The last man was walking back and forth in front of the people. I guess he is talking to them. It looks more like interrogating them.
It was none of my business though and I wasn’t here to interfere with this world's politics and power struggles. I was moving away when one of the thugs noticed me and turned.
“You trying to sneak up on us?” he said as he aimed his pistol towards me. “You friends of these losers?”
I looked him over and chuckled. “You don’t want to do this friend.”
I wasn’t afraid of these people. I could do things with the force that hasn’t been possible in hundreds of years. I wasn’t sure if the galaxy was ready for the return of the force but if I needed to use it I would. Once I did something though it would spread like wildfire throughout the Forge, I wasn’t sure I was ready for that scrutiny.
“I think we do.” The thug said. Thug number two turned towards me as well as the third thug pulled out his pistol and had it trained on the people on the ground.
( Enter the fray. Rolled 3+2=5 vs 9,1 weak hit. I chose to be in control. I’m making this a dangerous encounter. I’m going to use my Kinetic ability. Get +2 to my roll and -2 momentum. Momentum now 8. Strike. Rolled: 5+3+2=10 vs 6,6 Strong hit with opportunity. Mark progress twice. I dominate my foes, Stay in control)
I focus on the force and reach out my arm. There is a trash can close by, and I lift it up with the force and sail it through the air into the thug talking to me. It hits him square in the head and knocks him out cold. Thug two looks at his buddy in shock and then at me.
( Asking Oracle if these thugs ever heard of the force. Making it an Unlikely roll, So 76 or greater they have. Rolled: 90. So yup they did.)
“You’re a force user. I thought they died out hundreds of years ago.” Thug two yelled out in shock.
“I told you that you didn’t want to do this,” I said with a smile under my mask.
( Using Kinetic again. +2 to roll -2 momentum (6). Strike. Rolled: 3+3+2=8 vs 8,1 weak hit. Mark progress twice but was exposed to danger. In a bad spot now.)
I reach out and lift the man with the force, cutting off his air. He drops his pistol and grabs at his throat but he has no chance and he knows it. He struggles for a few moments before going limp.
( I’m going to use the force again. Clash: Rolled: 2+3+2=6 vs 8,1 weak hit. Mark progress but dealt a counterblow. Stay In the bad spot, pay the price.)
I toss the unconscious body of the thug at the other thug. He tries to dodge out of the way as he takes a shot with his pistol. The energy beam strikes me in the arm while the body slams into the other man.
(-1 health. Endure Harm. Rolled: 4+4=8 vs 5,5 Strong hit with a match. Shake it off +1 harm and with the match, I’m going to take being in control from knocking him down. Using Kinetic once again. Down to 2 momentum now. Strike. Rolled: 4+3+2=9 vs 4,4 Match. Mark 2 progress Dominate your foe. Stay in control. Going to Take Decisive action. Rolled 7,1 vs 8. Strong hit +1 momentum. Fight over)
I reach out and grab the man with the force and lift him up into the air before slamming him back onto the ground knocking him out. I notice the people on the ground looking up at me in awe.
“You’re safe now. Go. Don’t worry about these guys anymore.” I say as I bend down and check the thugs to make sure they are still alive.
(To be Continued)
(Does any of these people know the history of the force? Giving it a small chance.91% or higher they do. Rolled: 98)
As the people get to their feet the old man walks over to me and shakes my hand. “Thank you, sir. It’s rare that people will stick their necks out for strangers. I didn’t know that force users were back. It’s incredible”
“You know of the force old man?” I said as he looked over the man.
“I’ve heard tales and stories passed down from my great grandparents.” The man said as he looked at the thugs on the ground. “Come see me some time.”
I let go of the man's hand. “I will old man. I need to do something first.”
The man gave me the location of his house on my datapad and fled the scene. The thugs had nothing on them that would suggest anything useful to Brimstone. With a last use of the force, I bent all of the guns and left them at the thug's feet before he went on his way.
(Undertake an Expedition. Rolled: 2+2=4 vs 2,1 strong hit. Mark progress. Explore a waypoint. Rolled: 5+3=8 vs 4,3 strong hit. I choose Mark progress. Now at 8)
I came across an unusually quiet area devoid of any people. Fidget said I would come across a place such as this and I would be close to my goal. I searched the area looking for the signs that Fidget told me about and I found them.
I was looking for a black market dealer and moved from location to location to avoid the patrols. He always left a sign at his old location pointing towards his new location. It was easy enough to follow.
I came across a decrepit building but the surveillance camera across the street told me I came to the right place. I entered the building and saw a large man sitting in the corner of the room. Some kind of smoking apparatus was in his hands, yellow smoke drifted up from the item that the man was inhaling.
When he saw me he picked up the blaster pistol that was lying by his side and pointed it in my direction.
“What do you need friend? I’ve never seen you here before.” The man said as I noticed his hands shaking.
I lifted my hands to calm him down. “I’m not here to cause trouble. Fidget sent me.”
The man chuckled and breathed in more of the yellowish smoke. “You came here with the extra money I guess. Fidget finally came to his senses?”
(I am going to use empath and see what kind of state he is in. Rolled: 3+2=5 vs 8,10 Miss. You reveal a troubling motive or secret. Pay the price. Going to endure -1 spirit. Endure Stress. 4+4=8 vs 5,4 Strong hit. Going to embrace the darkness and take +1 momentum)
I reached into his mind and such horror and pain assaulted my senses. This was a man that has had a horrible life and now does the same to others that were done to him. I embrace the man’s pain and cruelty to help deal with him.
Not exactly,” I tell him with my hands still in the air. “I think it’s time you give me what is owed.”
The man laughs as his hands shake a little more. “I don’t think you have the situation thought out stranger.”
“It’s you that hasn’t thought it through,” I say.
( Using Kinetic to secure an advantage. Rolled: 3+3+2=8 vs 7,5 Strong hit. Get my 2 momentum back and get +1 next move)
I reach out with the force and snatch the weapon from his hand and bring it towards me before crushing it into a ball and letting it drop to the ground.
“Give me the item or next time It will be your head,” I say pointing at the man.
( I’m going to finish this vow. Rolling vs 8 progress. 2,6 Strong hit Mark 2 ticks on legacy quest box. I also added progress to my main Fidget vow since I now got what he wants)
The man looks at me in shock and begins stuttering. “Plea.ple. Please don’t hurt me. I got it right here.” He gets up and pulls out a package from the other room and hands it to me. “Tell Fidget no hard feelings will you.”
“If I hear you screw over Fidget again, I’ll be back,” I say as I leave the man and return to Fidget.
I throw the package on Fidget’s worktable. “Here. Now tell me what I need to know. Don’t screw with me Fidget. I’m not in the mood anymore.”
( Since Fidget has the item he wanted now in his hands I added more progress. Now at 8. Going to finish this quest. Rolling vs 8. Rolled: 1,1 Strong hit with opportunity. Mark 2 ticks on legacy quest box)
Fidget points to a seat in the corner.
“It started when I was on a job…”



Comments
Post a Comment