Chapter 3: The Order
Chapter 3
The Order
(I forgot to put this down in the last chapter. I rolled Make a connection with the old man I saved. Rolled: 6+2=8 vs 6,5 Strong Hit. Made the connection.)
Fidget told me of an Ice planet in the deepest parts of the Sector. He found it by luck while on another job. He needed to leave the Drifts to recharge his E-Drive and came across this system. His scans showed that the planet had breathable air and was overrun with life. He noticed massive snowdrifts from the orbit of the planet. Scans also showed a manufacturing settlement on the planet with about a dozen lifeforms, but when he contacted them they became hostile and threatened to shoot if he entered their orbit.
The thing that caught his attention the most was the large cube structure floating a distance away from the planet. It was made out of a bone-like material that his scans couldn’t penetrate. As he circled the structure he noticed a large landing pad that he was able to land on. The symbol I carry around my neck was on the door but there was no way to get inside. A large energy barrier surrounded the place. A light scanned Fidget’s ship when he landed but nothing else happened.
He gave me the coordinates to the planet and the structure, once I found the system, but getting there was going to be the problem. He had no record of his route. He said something about leaving no trails of his journeys. I didn’t bother listening to him once he told me everything he knew about the vault. He did give me a general idea of where the system was located within the sector so I refueled and headed out on The Rebirth to find this vault.
(Undertake an Expedition. Rolled: 1+2=3 vs 6,5 Miss. You encounter an immediate hardship or threat. Rolled an 18, You face the consequences of an earlier choice.)
I took the rebirth out of the drift and began charging my e-drive. I scanned the region around me and noticed what looked like a deep-space station that was heavily damaged. I tried to hail them but got no response. I was about to set a course to explore it when two interceptor class starships dropped out of the drift on a direct course for my ship.
"Starship Rebirth, this is Captain Archer, of the Order, cut your engines and prepare to be boarded. I will not give you another warning. You have 1 minute to comply."
Enter the fray: Weak hit, You are in control
"The Order? That's not a good thing. I guess news of me using the Force on Abalos spread. The Order must've been on the planet to have gotten here so fast." I thought to myself.
Knowing that the Order hunted down people like me and killed them made my choice easy. I gunned my engines and flew straight towards the two ships. They weren't prepared for my maneuver and I was able to take a few shots with my laser as I flew past them.
Strike: Weak Hit, +2 progress but expose to danger, lose control
The lasers hit the second interceptor head-on as I made my pass. I could see flames and smoke appear on the Interceptor where I hit it. I didn't have any time to react as the first Interceptor with Captain Archer took a shot at me before I squeezed past the two ships.
Withstand Damage: Strong Hit, Ride it out. -1 Integrity, +1 Momentum
Sparks shot out of my console as the laser fire hit the Rebirth. I banked the Rebirth and tried to take out Captain Archer with more laser fire.
Clash: Strong Hit, You Dominate your foe. +2 progress In Control
My aim was true and I hit the engines of Captain Archer's Interceptor as I flew by and the ship exploded in spectacular fashion.
Take Decisive Action: Strong Hit. You Prevail. +1 momentum.
I take one more look at Beowulf Base floating in the distance but seeing the Interceptor adrift in space I decide to get out of here. It is only a matter of time now before the Order decides to put its full energy into finding me.
Undertake an Expedition: Miss. Pay the price
Since I didn't wait for my E-drive to fully charge, it pulled me out of the drift after about an hour of travel time. My engines shut down and I was set adrift. Upon entering the anchorage I got a distress call over my Comms.
"This is the Starship Shattered Siege on a peaceful mission to resupply the Settlement Sepulcher with medical supplies. We ask for assistance. We are without power and are in need of repairs."
The message is on a loop and has the coordinates to the ship, which according to the navigational computer, isn't too far from here. First things first though. I needed to repair the Rebirth. Repair work isn't really my strong suit but owning your own ship you learn a few things.
Repair: Weak hit +1 repair points. Sacrificing resources. -1 supply +1 repair point
The e-drive was fried but I was able to get it patched up with some spare resources I keep in case of emergencies. It took a few hours but got it back online and began charging it for a jump. I should help the stranded ship but I was worried that the Order of Light was on my trail and I spent too long fixing my e-drive. I needed to get to the Vault Fidget told me about. I could feel it in the Force that this place was very important to my future.
Undertake an Expedition: Strong hit with match. Mark progress, going to mark twice
Another few hours of traveling took me to a large rogue asteroid floating through space. It was larger than most asteroids I have ever seen by a huge margin.
Ask Oracle if the Asteroid hid something? Very Unlikely: No
Undertake an Expedition: Strong with match. Going to take extra progress
Finish an Expedition: Strong hit. Mark 2 ticks on legacy quest
As I came out of the Drift I was greeted by a familiar sight. I was in the system that Fidget told me about. I could see the Planet Enten in the distance as well as the strange cube in orbit around Enten. I set course for the cube and ran my scans the closer I got.
Gather Information: Strong Hit



Comments
Post a Comment