Chapter 4: Into the Vault
Chapter 4
Into the Vault
As I entered the cube, an intense smell assaulted my senses. Damage and debris could be seen all over the corridor before me. The inside of the cube was made of bone as well. It was cold to the touch and I could feel vibrations coming through the wall and floor. It was an eery feeling.
The corridor I was in went east to west as far as the eye can see before turning into the depths of the cube. Not knowing what I was in here for except that it was important. I grabbed my medallion and made a vow to find out why the Force brought me here.
Swear an Iron Vow: Strong Hit +2 momentum (8)
After a few moments, I headed off west. I continued to feel the vibrations under my feet as I walked.
Undertake an Expedition: Weak Hit +1 progress at cost.
After a few minutes, I came upon a junction that headed north. I could see cracks in the walls and floors and it didn't seem very safe. Scans showed that the Integrity in this area was very fragile and I needed to proceed very carefully or I could wind up floating out in space.
Secure an Advantage: Weak hit +2 momentum (10)
I was able to get by the damaged part of the corridor before heading onward into the Cube.
Undertake an Expedition:MissBurning momentum. Strong Hit. Mark Progress
I came into a room that looked to be an archive of sorts. Writings were all along the walls and on various shelves in the room were scrolls and tomes. Obviously, this place pre-dated modern computers. The place looked to be of importance so I decided to stay and investigate.
Explore a waypoint: Weak hit. +1 momentum but something happens.
As I examined the scrolls of writing about the room I came across one that explained a little about this vault. It seems it was made to capture and control certain beings. Only people strong in the force are able to leave this place upon completing the trials set forth inside. If you fail the trials you will be stuck in the vault forever, turned into horrible creatures to help protect the vault from the weak and unworthy.
Undertake an Expedition: Weak hit, Mark progress with peril.
I came upon a room that showed signs of a battle. Blaster marks splattered the walls as well as what looks like claw marks and possibly blade marks. Bones littered the floor about the room. An exit was across the room about 20 meters away. As I entered the room to make my way across, both doors closed. A moment later a greenish-colored gas began filling the room from the ceiling with a loud hiss.
I began to choke and cough and I knew I wouldn't last long in here. I drew upon the force and push out with it at the doorway across the room.
using Kinetic +2 to roll -2 momentum. Secure an Advantage: Weak hit +2 momentum
The use of the force blasted the door off its hinges and I ran out of the room. Once outside the gas stopped entering the room. I took a deep breath of the clean musty air and continued onward.
Undertake an Expedition: Weak hit, mark progress at cost
The corridor I was traveling led me to another room. The room looked to be some kind of lab. the remains of various creatures in jars were on tables about the place as well as different plants and flowers. I could hear whispers coming out of the jars where the creatures were. It was very unsettling.
-2 spirit. Endure Stress: Strong Hit. take +1 momentum (4)
I decided to look around the room to see if I could find anything useful.
Explore a waypoint: Weak hit, +1 momentum (5) but something ominous or peril
Oracle: Communicate Knowledge
I found a book filled with various notes on the different creatures and the flowers and plants. Explaining their purpose and the many different ways to use them for healing or harming. The notes on the creatures explained how the Force corrupted them and the experiments that were done to them to try and find a way to reverse the effects of the corruption.
The notes explained how the Force corrupts people that give in to the dark side and embrace their anger and impulses. It also explained that there was no coming back once the dark side of the Force took hold of you and corrupted you.
I took the book and decided I would read it in full later on in the safety of the Rebirth.
Undertake an Expedition: Miss. Confront an Immediate threat or hardship
As I turned the corner and entered what looked to be an arena. I was face to face with a Forgespawn. The creature was close to 7 feet tall with large claws on its hands. Its armored body was covered with spikes and a long tongue hung from its mouth. I've heard tales that some Forgespawn wrapped a person with their tongue and killed them with their claws while securely holding them in place.
Battle: Strong Hit +2 momentum (6)
I didn't waste any time and blasted the creature with the Force, knocking it to the ground. Before it had a chance to recover I drew my blaster and shot it in the mouth where there was no armor protecting its body, killing it instantly.
Undertake an Expedition: Weak hit Mark progress at cost
-2 spirit. Endure Stress: Strong hit w/match. Took both. Spirit +1 (2) +1 momentum (7)
I came upon a massive maze and began my way through it. I spent hours coming across dead ends, the whole time hearing creatures in the distance that I could only imagine were Forgespawn. It was draining my spirit but I kept going.
Undertake an Expedition: Weak hit Mark progress at cost
I came across a bunch of moving platforms that led down towards the Inner sanctum. I had to time this right in order to make it to the bottom. One slip could mean my demise.
Secure an advantage: Strong Hit, +2 momentum (9)
After some observation, I closed my eyes and drew on the Force to help me. It took a little while but I was able to make it to the bottom and a large door stood in front of me.
Undertake an Expedition: Strong hit, mark progress.
Inside the room was a bunch of sealed containers. My medallion began to hum around them so I decided to open one of the containers to see what they contained. With a little work, I was able to open the container and I found a red crystal about the size of a finger. I could feel the force flowing through it.
I opened a few more containers and found various crystals of different colors. Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Gray, and Red. I had no idea the significance of these crystals but grabbed a Red one and slipped it in my robes. I had a feeling I would need it later on.
Undertake an Expedition: Strong Hit. Mark Progress.
I made my way deeper into the inner sanctum and came upon an area engulfed in flames. Inside the ring of flames was a pedestal with a large white crystal on it. Near the pedestal was a workbench with various tools on it as well.
Fullfil my vow: Strong hit Mark 1 box in legacy quest
As I got closer to the flames they parted before me and allowed me entry to the circle. I made my way to the pedestal and I could feel the force strongly within the crystal. I reached out with the Force and touched the crystal.
A shimmering light appeared before me and a moment later a man in brown robes was standing there. In the distance, I could hear howling from a hundred different voices and they seem to be getting closer. The Forgespawn was coming for me.
The man looked me over and smiled.
"My name is Jedi Master Edris. I am here to teach you everything there is to know about the Jedi's most prized possession. The Lightsaber. Let us begin..."



Comments
Post a Comment